+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MVJH

Mvjh

Anyone remember the woman who taught Spanish...I think her name was Mrs Schulteis (sp?) She gave the most homework...

I remember Mrs Schultheis......didn't she travel to Mexico and South America alot? I remember her being really tough on me coz she thought I should be able to speak more Spanish than I could.

Talking

That's her! I always looked forward to "slide" days...when she'd bring pics of the places she'd been. Not only were the pics cool, but we didn't have to sit and conjugate verbs

She did love to conjugate those verbs didn't she? She used to do the slides with us too. You were about 6 years after me and we proably saw the same slides!!!! That is too funny.

I had Mrs. Shultheis for Spanish in 70-71. She was great. The year before I had Mrs. Tomboulian. Remember her? Her first name was Lucy. Eric Leslie loved to tease her by saying "las lucies" when we were supposed to be reading "las luces" from the Spanish textbook. She'd just give him a dirty look.

Does any one remember the science teacher, I think his name was wavra or something off the wall, he took use on a whale watching trip for a field trip, everyone puked their guts out, but I got some wonderful pictures.

Chris, I remember Mrs Tamboulin too..I think you were in my class. Dang, we sure did have alot of Spanish classes together.

Originally posted by Linda
    Does any one remember the science teacher, I think his name was wavra or something off the wall
    In my 8th grade '70-'71 we had a science teacher named Wonderlee (not sure of the spelling, but that's how you say it) who was kind of a fun guy.
    In my 9th grade "Earth Science" we had a guy named
    ... ooops, I can't seem to re-connect those neurons right now... and also the red-headed Mr. Johnson (?). Heck, what are we doing, we all have
    yearbooks to refer to, right????

From my 1973 yearbook:

Principal: Mr. Johnson
    VP Boys: Mr. Prout
    VP Girls: Mrs. Schaefer

Counselors
    9th Mr Hunting
    8th Mr Dowdy
    7th Miss Gallery

Teachers:
    Ms. Anderson
    Mr. Austin
    Mr. Barnett
    Ms. Bates
    Ms. Bock
    Mr. Boucher
    Mr. Cannavino
    Mr. Cellilli
    Mr. Chang
    Mr. Cilds
    Mr. Coutts
    Ms. Cramer
    Ms. Delfino
    Ms. Fernandez
    Ms. Garrison
    Mr. Gentz
    Ms. Glascow
    Ms. Golas
    Ms. Hall
    Mr. Hammons
    Ms. Henson
    Mr. Howden
    Mr. Hunter
    Mr. Johnson
    Mr. Kelso
    Ms. Kuck
    Mr. LaVallie
    Mr. Luranc
    Mr. Mann
    Ms. McCoy
    Ms. McGuffey
    Mr. Miner
    Ms. Moser
    Mr. Naegli
    Mr. O'Rourke
    Mr. Pachura
    Mr. Parker
    Mr. Patty
    Mr. Pence
    Mr. Perna
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Mr. Sills
    Ms. Stacy
    Ms. Swift
    Mr. Tritchler
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Mr. G. White
    Mr. M. White
    Mr. Williams
    Ms. Willaims
    -
    Mr. Wunderli

-=missing due to page being ripped.

*what would be cool would be to get a good copy of the yearbooks from MHJHS and MVHS and scan them in and host them on line. Anyone? My one copy from MVJHS is severely damaged from a water problem.
    Avatar - Noble M400 0-60 in under 3 seconds

Originally posted by ChristopherLee

In my 8th grade '70-'71 we had a science teacher named Wonderlee (not sure of the spelling, but that's how you say it) who was kind of a fun guy.
    In my 9th grade "Earth Science" we had a guy named
    ... ooops, I can't seem to re-connect those neurons right now... and also the red-headed Mr. Johnson (?). Heck, what are we doing, we all have
    yearbooks to refer to, right????
    Was Wonderly (sp?) the one who showed the movies about the clubbing of baby seals? I ran out crying

Originally posted by Lisa Lisa

Was Wonderly (sp?)
    See list.

Wunderli
    Avatar - Noble M400 0-60 in under 3 seconds

But that would be the LOGICAL thing to do and therefor totally contrary to my nature I moved around so much I ended up losing all my yearbooks I was in Eureka in '75, and can't remember the teachers as we called them by their first names...there was a little red-headed gal named Carol who taught English, a guy who looked just like the pictures of Jesus who taught history, a guy with curly reddish hair and a great smile who taught science, and a blonde lady who taught French. Anyone out ever in Eureka who can fill in the blanks?

Does anyone remember a tall, skinny teacher with horn-rimmed glasses...I think he taught geography...always wore a suit and tie and told stories about the bully from his childhood named Dum-Dum Dubrowski...

Originally posted by Randy Chase
    -

*what would be cool would be to get a good copy of the yearbooks from MHJHS and MVHS and scan them in and host them on line. Anyone? My one copy from MVJHS is severely damaged from a water problem.
    I've got 71 and 72 from the junior high. Tell me what to do with them.

Lisa, I remember the Dum Dum Dumbrowski stories too.....can't remember the teachers name but it was geography class. He was quite a story teller, wasn't he? Can anyone else out there remember his name?

+ Reply to Thread